Learn more about your Business Internet hardware
Can I set up my modem on my own?
Yes, our modems are easy to install without the assistance of a Shaw technician. Follow these steps:
- Ensure your computer is on and the cable modem is unplugged.
- Connect one end of the coaxial cable to the cable outlet or splitter. Connect the other end of the coaxial cable to the CABLE connector on the cable modem. Hand-tighten the connectors to avoid damaging them.
- Plug the power cord into the power connector on the cable modem and the electrical outlet. This turns the cable modem on. You do not need to unplug it when not in use.
- The lights on the modem should cycle through this sequence:
- Power flashes during the self-test and changes to solid green when the self-test is successfully complete
- Receive flashes while scanning for the downstream channel and changes to solid green when it is connected
- Send flashes while scanning for the upstream channel and changes to solid green when it is connected
- Online flashes while the cable modem downloads configuration data and changes to solid green when the download is complete.
- PC Activity flashes orange to show your computer is successfully connected.